Vacancy: Microfinance Officer
The Zimbabwe Microfinance Fund (Pvt) Ltd (ZMF) is seeking to recruit an experienced and qualified candidate for the position of Microfinance Officer under a closed contract of twenty-four (24) months.
Purpose of the Job
Key Duties and Responsibilities
The Microfinance Officer will be reporting to the Operations Manager with the following key duties and responsibilities-
- Identifying fundable agribusiness opportunities and grow a quality agribusiness portfolio for ZMF.
- Conducting loan application appraisals including field visits to assess the agronomical activities proposed in the agriculture loan application.
- Preparing a technical report on the agronomical viability of the proposed activities for management and Credit Committee approval.
- Maintaining a continuous engagement between ZMF and its customers
- make post disbursement and monitoring reports.
- Advise ZMF on the best risk mitigation strategies to address any variations from the planned post loan disbursement targets.
- Maintain a quality performing portfolio of ZMF clients through sound delinquency management.
- Prepare technical papers as and when required to advise ZMF on interventions in value chains for which loan applications have been submitted or loans disbursed.
- Participate in the development of monitoring and evaluation tools for agronomical activities funded in the ZMF agricultural loans.
- Provide technical support on what needs to be done to maximize the farmers’ productivity and profitability while mitigating risks to which ZMF and client organizations are exposed.
- Carry out agronomical audits and special assignments on agricultural value chains and agriculture products as may be required by ZMF from time to time.
- A Degree in agriculture, agronomy, horticulture, agriculture economics, natural resource Management or any other related field;
- At least 8 years of proven relevant experience in agriculture value chains support and productivity improvement.
- Ability to interact with the extension teams, lead farmers and train them to adopt Good Agronomic Practices (GAPs), for higher productivity.
- Ability to work without supervision.
- Ability to work under intense pressure and deliver within the agreed timelines
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Attention to detail
Candidates who meet the above criteria can send their applications and CVs to: The Managing Director on: email@example.com by not later than Friday 21 December 2018.
The ZMF is an equal opportunity employer and qualifying female candidates are encouraged to apply. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.